Thursday, January 3, 2008

1/3/08 First Post of the New Year

Oregon Coast Shots

Slightly before sunset just north of Manzanita, Oregon. I tried to get a wave smashing into this rock but it fizzled.
This was taken before the first shot but I love the really warm light that is hitting the waves and rocks.

This was the only sunshine I saw during my whole trip. We got a nice break in the clouds around sunset as we were heading south towards Manzanita on 101. I waited at this spot for half an hour for the light become optimal and began shooting away. All three of these shots are HDR but were edited to portray what I saw with my own eyes. I had no GND filter so this technique was used to capture the full dynamic range of the scene. These are pretty much the best shots from my trip. Unfortunately, the trip to the Columbia Gorge was a disaster but I am working on one possible keeper from that excursion. I had wanted to get a shot of Portland with Mount Hood in the background but it remained hidden in the clouds. The trip was a failure from the photography standpoint but being able to spend quality time with my family more than made up for that.

No comments: