Thursday, March 1, 2007

Post #6 First High Risk of the Year

The first high risk of 2007 is here. I wish I still lived in Birmingham. I am going to call my aunt and uncle in the morning to warn them of the danger which hopefully will not affect them. James Spann should have a good handle on the situation and I trust his ability to provide very accurate coverage of the event in Tuscaloosa. Storm motions are going to be insane with this setup, likely over 50 kts. My thoughts are with everyone in the risk area and I wish them the best. Hopefully we will get one of these setups over western Kansas sometime this year.


0107
7 N IOLA
ALLEN
KS
3803
9540
3 TORNADOES COMBINED INTO 1 WEDGE (ICT)
0108
1 S COLONY
ANDERSON
KS
3806
9537
THREE TORNADOS COMBINED INTO ONE. (TOP)

I cant wait to see the pics and videos of this, apparently there were quite a few chasers out and about last night. Aside from this crazyness, not much going on. Im waiting anxiously for my new lenses so I can take some nice wide angle shots.

No comments: